To: All BT/ EE members
Pay Offer 2023 and 2024
You will recall in resolving last year’s pay dispute, the company committed to a further review of pay from 1 September 2023. Following discussions with BT with regard to this review, a pay offer has been made which the CWU has agreed to recommend to you via a consultative ballot in the coming weeks.
The terms of the pay offer are detailed below:
- A 2.5% pay increase that is fully consolidated and pensionable from the 1 September 2023 – this is in addition to the £1500 paid on 1 January 2023.
- A further 4% pay increase that is fully consolidated and pensionable from the 1 April 2024.
- These awards will flow through to those allowances specified in the NewGRID Agreement as automatically linked to the annual pay review.
- The date of the next annual pay review will be 1 April 2025.
- The pay offer provides pay increases from January 2023 to April 2024 of between 10%-14% and from April 2022 to April 2024 of between circa 14%- 23%.
The pay offer for next year provides a level of certainty for you. Inflation is showing signs of decreasing and whilst we are still in difficult economic times, the analysts’ forecast is that it will continue to fall to less than 4% by next Spring.
The pay offer is subject to a consultative electronic ballot and therefore you will get to vote on the deal. We recommend you accept this pay offer. The timetable for the ballot will be notified to you in the coming days. Please ensure we have your correct email address and look out for further communication.
If you have comments on the pay offer please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy General Secretary (T&FS)